CALL FOR ARTISTS 2021
This is your opportunity to be part of our hugely successful best-selling Northern exhibition in our twentieth anniversary year
Great North Art Show is an annual, open exhibition to promote the quality and diversity of contemporary art in the North. The Exhibition at Great North Art Show is open to all painters, printmakers, textiles artists, sculptors, ceramicists and photographers, film makers (video) and illustrators. Artists are invited to submit six works of art to be presented as a “body of work”.
All artwork must be for sale exclusively through Great North Art Show. Great North Art Show is responsible for the selection, hanging of all artwork and labelling, publicity, promotion, and sales.
The 2021 Great North Art Show preview evening is on Friday 27th August at 6.45pm. The Exhibition runs for three weeks from 27th August to 19th September 2021 and will be promoted across the UK through social media, the press and online channels.
Submitted artwork must be presented as a body of work and professionally framed to meet gallery standards.
Submission Fee: £40.00
Exhibition Fee: £75.00
Commission Fee on Sales: 35%
Last Submission Date: Friday 25th June 2021
Selection Date: Weds 30th June 2021
Preview Evening: Friday 27th August 2021: 6.45pm – 8.30pm / To be opened by guest speaker
Exhibition Closing Date: Sunday 19th September
Collection Date: Monday 20th September 2021
Entry Requirements: See Terms & Conditions
Please prepare all your images and text (on your computer) before you submit your application using the form below. Unfortunately you will NOT be able to save your progress and return to complete your submission later on. Once you have filled all required fields click the SUBMIT button – you will be redirected to the secure PayPal Gateway. You will be asked to authorise a payment of £40.00. We do not store your payment details on our Server. Once completed you will receive a receipt from PayPal to keep for your records.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR SUBMISSION
If you are unable to submit on line please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist’s Application Form 2021
Artist’s Application Form 2021
If you have any queries, please contact Wendy Orme
Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01765 603534 | 07803136067
- All work submitted for exhibition at Great North Art Show must be new original work and not in breach of copyright. Giclée prints will not be accepted, except in the case of photographic works.
- Artists should submit their work online accompanied by a brief Artist’s Statement of between fifty and eighty words with a CV. If you wish, as it is always of interest to our visitors, details about your art training may be added. Great North Art Show reserves the right to edit the Artist’s Statement.
- Great North Art Show reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any work considered to be unsuitable for inclusion in the Exhibition.
- We have a minimum sale price of £350 for all original art work in the Exhibition, with the exception of works of art, small prints and photographs which have a minimum price of £120 (unless very small).
- Great North Art Show will retain a 35% commission of receipts from all sales, with the remainder being paid to the Artist. Commission will be payable on all sales agreed after works have been accepted for inclusion in the Exhibition, or resulting from the display of works in the Exhibition, whether agreed by the organisers or the Artist personally.
- The Copyright of all works submitted for exhibition will remain the property of the Artist, but Great North Art Show reserves the right of reproduction of all works displayed in the Exhibition for publicity/educational/reference purposes connected with the Exhibition.
- Personal information supplied by artists will be held by Great North Art Show in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Such information will only be used for the purpose of administering the Exhibition and may be retained permanently by Great North Art Show for record and research purposes.
- Display of work online is designed to create a coherent Exhibition, and as such the order in which work appears is not up for discussion with individual artists.
- All decisions regarding the hanging and display of work is designed to create a coherent Exhibition. As such the order in which artwork is presented is not negotiable.
- Any decision by the Trustees of Great North Art Show in applying these Terms & Conditions and the terms of anything agreed in writing with Artists will be final.
- All artwork presented must be for sale.
On behalf of the Trustees of Great North Art Show
Great North Art Show 2021 Twentieth Anniversary Exhibition
Twenty years of Great Art in the North
Best Picture in Show £1,000
Best Body of Work in Show £1,000
Best Small Picture, Etching or Sculpture £750
Best New Emerging Artist in Show £500
Sponsored by The Arts Society North East