The Great North Art Show preview evening is on Friday 9th September 2022 from 6.45pm – 8.30pm. The Exhibition runs from 10th September to 9th October 2022 and will be promoted across the UK through social media, the press and online channels.
ART EXHIBITION DETAILS
- Submission Fee: £40.00
- Exhibition Fee: £110.00
- Commission Fee on Sales: 35%
- Last Submission Date: Sunday 31st July 2022
- Selection Date: 1st week in August 2022
- Preview Evening: Friday 9th September 2022 6.45pm – 8.30pm / To be opened by guest speaker
- Exhibition Opens Saturday 10th September 2022 9.30am – 5.00pm daily
- Exhibition Final Day: Sunday 9th October 2022
- Collection Date: Monday 10th October 2022
- Entry Requirements: See Terms & Conditions below
- Best Picture in Show £1,000 (Kindly sponsored by Tennants Auctioneers)
- Best Body of Work in Show £1,000
- Best Small Picture, Etching or Sculpture £750
- Best New Artist in Show £500 (Kindly sponsored by The Arts Society North East)
Please have all your details ready (on your computer) before beginning the submission process using the application form below. Unfortunately you will NOT be able to save your progress or return to complete your submission later. Once you have filled in all required fields click the PAY WITH PAYPAL button below. You will then be directed to pay your application fee of £40 on the secure Paypal site to complete the transaction. Once the transaction is completed you will receive an eReceipt from PayPal for your records.
We look forward to seeing your work
Please ensure you have read the Terms & Conditions below. If you are unable to submit using this system please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great North Art Shows Terms & Conditions
- All work submitted for exhibition at Great North Art Show must be new original work and not in breach of copyright. Giclée prints will not be accepted, except in the case of photographic works.
- Artists should submit their work online accompanied by a brief Artist’s Statement of between fifty and eighty words with a short CV (if you wish) as it is always of interest to our visitors. Details about your art training is optional. Great North Art Show reserves the right to edit your Artist’s Statement.
- Great North Art Show reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any artwork considered to be unsuitable for inclusion in the Exhibition. Particular attention must be given to the quality of framing. Appropriate mirror plates must be attached for hanging.
- We have a minimum sale price of £350 for all original art work in the Exhibition, with the exception of works of art and sculptures, small prints and photographs, which have a minimum price of £150 (unless very small indeed, £120).
- Great North Art Show will retain a 35% commission of receipts from all sales, with the remainder being paid to the Artist. This 35% commission will be payable on all sales agreed after works have been accepted for inclusion in the Exhibition, or resulting from the display of works in the Exhibition or Pop-up shop, whether agreed by the organisers or the Artist personally.
- The Copyright of all works submitted for exhibition will remain the property of the Artist, but Great North Art Show reserves the right of reproduction of all works displayed in the Exhibition for publicity/educational/reference purposes connected with the Exhibition.
- Personal information supplied by artists will be held by Great North Art Show in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Such information will only be used for the purpose of administering the Exhibition and may be retained permanently by Great North Art Show for record and research purposes.
- Display of work is designed to create a coherent Exhibition, and as such the order in which work appears is not up for discussion with individual artists.
- All decisions regarding the hanging and display of work is designed to create a coherent Exhibition. As such the order in which artwork is presented is not negotiable.
- All decisions by the Trustees of Great North Art Show in applying these Terms & Conditions and the terms of anything agreed in writing with Artists will be final.
- All artwork presented must be for sale.
On behalf of the Great North Art Show Trustees