Enter The 18th Great North Art Show
This is your opportunity to be part our hugely successful Best Selling Yorkshire Art Exhibition
Great North Art Show is an independent, charitable trust run entirely by volunteers. Established in 2002, the Great North Art Show is an annual, open exhibition to promote the quality and diversity of contemporary art in the North, in the magnificent and unique setting of Ripon Cathedral. Following its success last year, exhibiting artists will be able to sell original artworks, limited edition prints and cards at the Pop-Up Shop.
UPDATE We’re extending the final submission date by popular request.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and images before the 24th June.
We are inviting painters, printmakers, illustrators, textile artists, photographers and sculptors to submit six artworks to be hung as a body of work
The following prizes are awarded by an independent panel of judges each year*
Best Picture in Show: £1000
Best Body of Work in Show: £1000
Best Print or Etching in Show £750
Best New Artist: £250
KEY DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Sun 16th June 2019: Closing date for submissions
- Tues 27th August: Delivery Day, 10.00am-4.00pm
- Fri 30th August: Preview Evening, 6.45 – 8.30pm
- Sat 31st Aug – Sun 22 Sept: Exhibition
- Mon 23rd September: Collect any unsold artwork
2019 Entry Requirements
Submission fee £40 (non-refundable)
Exhibition fee for selected artists £110
(includes 6 pieces of work)
Once you have filled all the required fields click the SUBMIT button. You will then be redirected to the secure PayPal Gateway where you will be asked to authorise a one-off payment of £40.00. We do not store your payment details on our server. Upon successful completion you will receive a receipt from PayPal. Please keep this invoice for your records.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOU SUBMISSION
If you are unable to submit on line please contact: email@example.com
Artist’s Application Form (2019)
Meanwhile, if you have any queries, please contact Wendy Orme
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01765 603534 | 07803136067
- All work submitted for Exhibition at the Great North Art Show must be new original work and not in breach of copyright. Giclée prints will not be accepted, except in the case of photographic works
- Artists should submit their work online accompanied by a brief Artist’s Statement of between fifty and eighty words with a CV. If you wish, as it is always of interest to our visitors, details about you art training may be added.The Great North Art Showreserves the right to edit the Artist’s Statement.
- The Great North Art Show reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any work considered to be unsuitable for the venue, or presented in a condition which for any reason is considered unacceptable.
- We have a Minimum Sale Price of £350 for all original art work in the main exhibition, with the exception of small prints which have a minimum price of £200. These minimum prices do not apply to works sold by Artists in the Pop Up Shop.
- The Great North Art Show will retain a 35% commission of receipts from all sales, with the remainder being paid to the Artist. Commission will be payable on all sales agreed during the exhibition, or resulting from the display of works at the Exhibition, whether agreed by the organisers or the Artist personally, either during or after the exhibition.
- Unsold works must be collected from Ripon Cathedral on the specified Collection Day, unless otherwise agreed with the organisers. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, alternative arrangements may be made by contacting: 07803 136067. Unsold works not collected within 30 days after the end of the Exhibition may be sold by the Great North Art Show and the NET proceeds of sale held on behalf of the artist; subject to deduction of a reasonable charge for storage – £40.
- The Copyright of all works submitted for exhibition will remain the property of the artist, but the Great North Art Show reservesthe right of reproduction of all works displayed in the Exhibition for publicity/educational/reference purposes connected with the Exhibition.
- Personal information supplied by artists will be held by GNAS in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Such information will only be used for the purpose of administering the Exhibition and may be retained permanently by the Great North Art Show for record and research purposes.
- Every reasonable care will be taken to avoid damage to works of art and their frames whilst in the custody of Great North Art Show, but no responsibility can be taken for damage caused by a third party or from any cause not reasonably under the control of Great North Art Show. Artists must have Third Party Insurance cover.
- The hanging process is designed to create a coherent Exhibition, and as such is not up for discussion with individual artists.
- Any decision by the Trustees of the Great North Art Show in applying these Terms & Conditions and the terms of anything agreed in writing with Artists will be final.
- All Artwork presented must be For Sale.
On behalf of the Trustees of the Great North Art Show
AM I ELIGIBLE TO ENTER?
The Exhibition is Open to All with a connection to the North
CAN ANY ARTIST ENTER?
All artists, professional or emerging, are invited to submit six works of art.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Fill in the Online Application Form.
WHAT ART WORK CAN I SUBMIT?
All artwork must be original recent work and not in breach of Copyright rules. Photographers may submit Gallery quality Giclee prints. Whilst we do not have a size restriction, if they are very large we ask for consideration and to use your discretion and maybe reduce it to 4.
HOW MANY ARTWORKS CAN I SUBMIT?
Artists are invited to submit six original recent/new works of art and to focus on presenting a strong coherent “body of work”. All Exhibition Artists’ work is hung and presented as a “Body of Work”.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ARTWORK?
Complete the Online Submission Form with details of each work of art – Artists Name – Title of Work, Medium, Size in cms, and price (to include 35% Commission Fee).
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Artist Submission Fee £40.00 (non refundable). Exhibition Participation Fee £110 – as a contribution towards display boards, artists promotion, advertising and Pop Up Shop costs. The fees are paid online through Paypal at the time of Application.
WHAT MEDIUMS ARE ACCEPTABLE?
We welcome and encourage new innovative work across all media as well as new techniques and approaches – involving painting, mixed media, printmaking, textiles, illustration, wall ceramics, sculpture to photography and video film making.
IS THERE A SIZE LIMIT? NO – within reason!
If artwork is very large or weighty we invite artists to take this into consideration and if needs be discuss it with a member of the Management team via: email@example.com
FRAMING & PRESENTATION OF WORK
All artwork presented must be to a Gallery standard; if not the organisers reserve the right to exclude work from the ExhibitIon. Unframed artwork must have a minimum frame rebate of 5cm. The rebate must be clean and crisply painted and look substantial otherwise it may not be hung. Mirror Plates must be attached to all work to be hung, and be adequate for the size and weight of the exhibit. If artwork is presented to the exhibition without its mirror plates there will be a surcharge of £5 per work. The Exhibition organisers reserve the right to refuse work that is not presented to a professional standard.
HOW DO I MEASURE MY WORK?
Pictures must be measured without frame: H x W in cms. Sculpture, wall ceramics and other 3D works must be measured to include all dimensions: H x D x W in cms.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY SUBMISSION IS SUCCESSFUL? (The closing date for entries is 16th June 2019).
Judging will commence a week later and once completed the successful artists will be informed by email. This will be followed up with an Exhibiting Artists Information Pack with final submission forms for the Main Exhibition and Pop Up Shop to complete confirmation. The deadline for receiving final conformation forms is 20th July 2019.
CAN I CHANGE MY WORKS AFTER SELECTION?
The judging of the artwork is based on art presented and how it will work in the exhibition as a whole. Alterations will be accepted as long as they do not conflict with the work originally presented – notification of alterations need to be received no later than 20th July 2019, if possible.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I WIN A PRIZE?
The Artists Prize Awards will be announced and presented at the Preview Evening on Friday 30th August in Ripon Cathedral.
HOW DO I GET TICKETS FOR THE PREVIEW?
Each Artists receives 2 Complimentary Tickets on Handing in Day. Additional tickets can be purchased and paid for online (£12) or at the door on the night (£15).
WHAT IS THE POP UP SHOP?
This is open to all Exhibiting Artists as a place to sell smaller original artwork (mounted but unframed), prints and cards. 35% Commission is charged on all sales. It is very popular.
WHAT ARE MYSTERY PICTURES?
Artists are invited to donate one or two small works of art (£40 – £60) to be hung as a mini exhibition by the Pop Up Shop. The artist’s identity is only revealed when purchased. All proceeds go to Charity.
HOW DO I GET PAID FOR SOLD WORK?
After the end of the Exhibition all sales will be processed and the Great North Art Show will pay you by BACS for work sold, less the 35% Commission Fee.
HOW DO I HAND IN MY WORK?
Tuesday 27th August 2019 at Ripon Cathedral. 10.00 – 4.00pm
WHEN DO I COLLECT UNSOLD WORK?
Monday 23rd September 2019 at Ripon Cathedral.10.30 – 4.00pm. WLO/2019