Great North Art Show Terms & Conditions
- All work submitted for exhibition at Great North Art Show must be new original work and not in breach of copyright. Giclée prints will not be accepted, except in the case of photographic works.
- Artists should submit their work online accompanied by a brief Artist’s Statement of between fifty and eighty words with a CV. If you wish, as it is always of interest to our visitors, details about your art training may be added. Great North Art Show reserves the right to edit the Artist’s Statement.
- Great North Art Show reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any work considered to be unsuitable for inclusion in the Exhibition.
- We have a minimum sale price of £350 for all original art work in the Exhibition, with the exception of small prints which have a minimum price of £100.
- Great North Art Show will retain a 30% commission of receipts from all sales, with the remainder being paid to the Artist. Commission will be payable on all sales agreed after works have been accepted for inclusion in the Exhibition, or resulting from the display of works in the Exhibition, whether agreed by the organisers or the Artist personally.
- The Copyright of all works submitted for exhibition will remain the property of the Artist, but Great North Art Show reserves the right of reproduction of all works displayed in the Exhibition for publicity/educational/reference purposes connected with the Exhibition.
- Personal information supplied by artists will be held by Great North Art Show in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Such information will only be used for the purpose of administering the Exhibition and may be retained permanently by Great North Art Show for record and research purposes.
- Display of work online is designed to create a coherent Exhibition, and as such the order in which work appears is not up for discussion with individual artists.
- Artists shall be responsible at their own expense for delivering or sending pictures sold during the Exhibition, and their frames, to purchasers anywhere in the UK as soon as practicable after being notified by Great North Art Show that payment has been received. Pictures shall remain at the risk of the Artist until received by purchasers. Payment of the net price after deduction of commission shall be made to Artists once the Exhibition organisers have been notified that pictures have been safely received, undamaged, by
- Any decision by the Trustees of Great North Art Show in applying these Terms & Conditions and the terms of anything agreed in writing with Artists will be final.
- All artwork presented must be for sale.
On behalf of the Trustees of Great North Art Show